Monday, February 19, 2007

New Media and PR

Yes, whether we like it or not, new media is raising its far-reaching and interesting head. Honestly, I'm not Internet savvy. It's hard for me to have time to search the web for blog posts and other social media, but I know that with the changing pr tactics that I will have to learn and learn to like! Because my PR campaigns class requires that I start to learn more about blogging, I'm beginning to somewhat understand its importance. I propose that my college add a social media course to our required major courses in order to better enable students to become in tune with today's new public relations strategies.

Forward (Erin Caldwell's blog) explains that though students may not blog everyday, they should still be aware and know how to use the resources that blogging provides.

I've learned so much from the blog posts that I've read and I'm looking forward to learning more and developing my blogging techniques to catch up with the new media trends! Wish me luck!

No comments: